In this article:
Who can set up a challenge?
Sometimes it's more fun to watch than read. If you agree, check out this video about how to set up a Challenge instead!
Were you actually looking for best practices on how to manage a Challenge? Then check out our article on best practices to effectively run a SoapBox Challenge.
Who can set up a challenge?
Anyone with 'Moderator' (i.e. Innovation Partners), 'Owner' (ie. Program Managers) and 'Administrator' permissions in SoapBox can launch a Challenge. If you're not sure what your permission level is, contact your Program Manager for assistance.
Here are a few things to remember before you begin:
- Program managers are able to bundle Challenge ideas together. Note: Only ideas within the challenge can be bundled together.
- All ideas submitted to challenges that you are a part of will be visible on the Homepage.
- All admins, including Innovation partners can see all ideas from all challenges created on the Manage page.
To create a challenge, hover over the “+” sign and click “Launch a new challenge”. A new challenge page will open and a modal will pop out on the right side of your screen.
Enter the start time, end time, and date of your challenge. Your challenge will not be visible until the start time. Once the challenge is over, members who can see the challenge can no longer vote or share ideas, however they can still view and comment on existing ideas.
Note: The displayed time is in the Program Manager’s local time zone. Adjust launch time accordingly for Challenges that run across different time zones
Title: Enter a clear title and let your audience know what type of ideas you are looking for. Keep in mind that SoapBox automatically ends your title with the word “Challenge” in all notifications, so you do not need to include it.
Description: Character limit is 1023. If you are using Chrome as your browser, you can lightly format the text (bold, italicize, underline, and hyperlink).
Challenge Ending Text: Write a message that will replace the countdown clock when your Challenge ends.
Header Image: The recommended image size is 1280x726 pixels. It is also recommended that in order to optimize the image for both a laptop and large monitor screen, it is best to choose a patterned image with no specific focal point.
Excerpt Preview: This shows you what your Challenge tile will look like on the main Challenges tab.
Select those the leaders you’d want to be notified about the input submitted to the challenge.
You can choose the default objective for your Challenge. If no objective is chosen, users will have to pick an objective from this list each time they add input to the Challenge.
Users from all groups selected will be able to review input from the challenge. (e.g. All users from Human Resources, and all users from Investments).
Limit Access: you can enable this to change your challenge from public to private. Once Private, Program Managers will be able to limit access three ways:
- Invite via Groups (Custom Fields) (A): Will be sent to all users in each group chosen. Only users with a registered SoapBox account will receive the invitation. Note: If you invite a user via Email Address after the challenge has launched, they will still receive an invitation email.
- Invite via Email Address (B): Enter an email address for each person you'd like to invite. Employees with or without registered SoapBox accounts will receive the invitation.
- Uploaded CSV (C): Upload a CSV that contains a unique identifier for each invitee. Employees with or without registered SoapBox accounts will receive the invitation. Note: If you invite a user via Email Address after the challenge has launched, they will still receive an invitation email.
Manage Invitations(D): See, add or remove invited users.
Select the type of notifications you want to go out to your community. If you extend the Challenge after it has already gone live, any scheduled notifications that have already gone out, will not go out again (e.g. Ending Soon Notification). Also, if any new users are added to the challenge after any of the scheduled notifications have gone out, they will not receive any of those notifications.
Note: ‘Ending Soon Notification’ option will not show if your challenge is shorter than 24 hours.
See chart below for more details on notifications.
Preview your challenge (E)
Close modal without saving (F)
Delete your challenge (G) Note: You cannot retrieve your challenge and any inputs shared once deleted.
Save your Challenge (H) Note: your challenge won’t launch until the official start date.