First, make sure you’ve been given Program Manager permissions to access the Settings tab. If you're not sure what permissions you have, your SoapBox Client Success Manager can help you with this.
Now make your way to the Settings tab:
(2) Once you get into Settings, click on Design.
(3) From here the left hand side bar will showcase different areas you can customize.
SoapBox Name: This name will appear throughout the application and in emails generated by SoapBox. You can call it “Company’s SoapBox” or come up with a creative name like “Idea Hub” or “Collaboration Space”.
Favicon: The favicon is the icon that shows up on a browser’s tab. You can change it by uploading a new image. It is recommended that this image be 32px x 32px size.
Logo: You can upload a logo for your community by selecting one from your computer. It is recommended that the Logo be at least 500px wide and 2MB or less in size. It will display on the Ideas, Challenges and if selected, Home page, as well as on emails generated by SoapBox.
Login Background: This background is for your sign-in page. You can choose to make your background a solid colour or use an image. Recommended dimensions are 1920px and an image that is less than 5MB.
Background: This is the background that users will see on each page after they have logged in. You can choose to make your background a solid colour or use an image. Recommended dimensions are 1920px and an image that is less than 5MB.
Default Profile Image: Before the user uploads their profile picture, they will have a preset default one. It can be changed by uploading a new image. It is recommended that the new profile image be .png, .jpg or .gif and no larger than 2MB.
This portion of Design allows you to customize the colours of your SoapBox. The colours you choose will be the main factor in making SoapBox look like a part of your organization.
(1) Navbar Colour: Sitting at the top of your SoapBox, the Navbar colour frames your Soapbox.
(2) Background Colour: If you are using a background image, choose a colour that will blend into your image
(3) Primary Colour: This colour will show up in the header as will as in your emails
Highlight Colour: The highlight colour will appear when you select an item in the app,
(4) Buttons Colour: Be sure to choose a colour that pops!
Depending on if you enable your Home Header and what Home Header Template you choose, you will have the option of adding a Heading title and description, a banner, and/or a Call To Action button.
(1) Heading Title: Use this section to enter the Title text on your Home Page Header. The text will be bolded in a larger font then the Heading description. Your title sets the tone of the conversation on your SoapBox page.
(2) Heading Description: This is a space where you can enter a small paragraph of what your Soapbox is about. It looks best if it is 2-3 sentences. The text will be smaller than the Heading title. Framing the conversation provides guardrails for your community.
(3) Call To Action (CTA): Your CTA button default will send your users to the “Add a New Idea” page from your Home Page. If you want to link your employees to an internal FAQ page, user manual or website, put the new destination URL in the CTA 1 Link dialogue box. You can then modify the text on the CTA button to correspond by typing it into the field “CTA 1 Title”.
Sign In/Up Blurb: This is where you can include a helpful message on your sign in/up page, directly below your logo. Let your community know about any disturbances to the platform, specific administrative requirements for signing in/up, who to contact for help, or include a simple greeting message.
Sign In/Up Blurb for mobile: Same as above, but for your mobile app (if applicable)!